National Flower. Lotus (Nelumbo Nucifera Gaertn) is the National Flower of India. It is a sacred flower and occupies a unique position in the art and mythology of ancient India and has been an auspicious symbol of Indian culture since time immemorial. India is rich in flora.
What is the main symbol of India?
National Symbols of India
|National river||Ganga or Ganges|
|National Aquatic Animal||River Dolphin|
|National Tree of India||Banyan ( Ficus Bengalensis )|
What are some symbols that represent India?
Here is the detailed information about the national symbols of India.
- National Flag: Tiranga. …
- National Emblem: State Emblem of India. …
- National Calendar: Saka Calendar. …
- National Anthem: Jana Gana Mana. …
- National Song: Vande Matram. …
- National Currency: Indian Rupee. …
- National Animal: Bengal Tiger. …
- National Bird: Peacock.
What are the 17 symbols of India?
Following are the 17 national symbols of the Republic of India representing India’s culture and its identity.
What are the 17 National Symbols of India?
|9||National Heritage Animal||Indian Elephant|
|10||National Aquatic Animal||Ganges River Dolphin|
|11||National Tree||Indian Banyan|
|12||National Bird||Indian Peacock|
What are the 16 national symbols of India?
16 Must Know National Symbols of Incredible India
- National Flag – Tiranga. …
- National Currency – Indian Rupee.
- National River – Ganges. …
- National Flower – Indian Lotus. …
- National Fruit – Mango. …
- National Tree – Indian Banyan. …
- National Animal – Bengal Tiger. …
- National Bird – Indian Peafowl.
Does India have a national animal?
It has a thick yellow coat of fur with dark stripes. The combination of grace, strength, agility and enormous power has earned the tiger its pride of place as the national animal of India.
What is the national flag of India?
31 Amazing Things – India Is Famous For
- Largest Democracy in The World. …
- Highest Number of Official Languages. …
- World’s Largest Postal Network. …
- Statue of Unity. …
- World’s Highest Cricket Ground. …
- Invention of Chess. …
- Yoga Originated in India. …
- The Most Number of Tigers.
What does peacock mean in Indian?
Answer and Explanation: Peacocks are symbols of beauty, grace, and pride throughout the country of India, and the peacock is the national bird. In Hinduism, they are associated with many goddesses, like Lakshmi, a goddess known for patience and kindness.
What symbolizes happiness in India?
A rangoli is a colorful geometric pattern made inside the front door of a house to symbolize happiness in Indian culture. In the southern part of India, rangolis are made with white chalk powder every morning at dawn in front of every home. The only time they are not made is during periods of mourning.
What are the 8 national symbols?
The National symbols entail the National anthem, the National flag, the National Coat of Arms, the National animal which is the Springbok, the National bird which is the Blue Crane, the National fish which is the Galjeon, the National flower which is the King Protea and the National tree which is the Real Yellowwood.
Who designed Indian national flag?
Who designed the flag of India? The design of the flag of India that was first presented in 1921 to Mahatma Gandhi, leader of the All-India Congress, was created by Pingali (or Pinglay) Venkayya. It consisted of the colours associated with the two principal religions, red for Hindus and green for Muslims.
What are the 5 National symbols?
Common official national symbols
- The flag or banner of a nation-state.
- The coat of arms of the land or ruling dynasty.
- The seal or stamp of the land or ruling dynasty.
- The head of state, especially in a monarchy.
- The associated device and motto can also be used separately.
- The national colors, often derived from the above.
What is India National Fish?
Indian National Fish: Indian Mackerel.
Why lotus is called national flower?
The lotus was chosen as the national flower because it enjoyed a significant presence in ancient traditions, scriptures and mythology. … The lotus also symbolises knowledge and beauty as Saraswati, the goddess of learning, is depicted as seated on it.
Which is the official fish of India?
The Ganges River Dolphin is India’s national aquatic animal. On May 18, 2010, the Ministry of Environment and Forests designated the Ganges River Dolphin as the National Aquatic Animal.